Dr I T Garrod and Associates
Chiropractic Health Centres Limited
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is one of the most effective and safe treatments for conditions relating to the spine, nervous system, muscles and joints. It is the third largest health profession in the world after medicine and dentistry.
Chiropractors are concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the effects of these disorders on the function of the nervous system and general health. There is an emphasis on manual therapy including spinal manipulation or adjustment, and specific exercises related to your condition. Chiropractic is suitable for all age groups and treatment is directed according to the patient’s age, needs and diagnosis.
By restoring normal function to the musculoskeletal and nervous systems, chiropractors can play a major part in relieving disorders, and any accompanying pain or discomfort arising from accidents, stress, lack of exercise, poor posture, illness and the everyday wear and tear that happens to all of us.
The benefit of chiropractic care include pain relief, tissue healing and improved joint mobility. Improving mobility/function of joints is the key to long term pain relief and a better quality of life.
Chiropractic is an established and respected health care profession. In a recent NHS audit* 2009/10 of patients from GP referrals to the Neck and Back Pain Pathway:
• success rates were 81%; a full 50% improvement on previous hospital results (54%)
• over 95% of patients were satisfied with their care
• referrals to the hospital orthopaedic department for surgical intervention were reduced by over 30%.
* CHC Limited (Dr I T Garrod and Associates) was a pioneering member of this audit which has achieved national and international acclaim.
How can Chiropractic help?
The most common problems that a Chiropractor treats are listed below:
• Back and neck pain
• Headaches or migraines
• Muscular tension and stress related problems
• Disc problems and spinal injuries
• Joint and muscle pain including Tendonitis
• Trapped nerves, pins and needles, numbness
• Neck, arm, shoulder pain
• Sciatica, leg and knee pain
• Fibrositis, Neuralgia, Spondylitis
• Sprains and strains
• Whiplash related injuries
• Foot pain
• Back problems in pregnancy or following childbirth
• Sports injuries
More details of these conditions and treatment we can provide can be found on our "Treatments Page">
We are able to assist with:
• Management and treatment of Osteoporosis
• Diagnosis of fractures and injuries
• Insurance Claims for injuries
• Medical Reports
• Private Medical Insurance
As Members of The British Chiropractic Association you can be assured that we are always up to date with latest developments and practices.
For more information please view the BCA Video "What is Chiropractic">